Have you ever thought about it? The well-being of the skin also passes from the clothes we wear! In addition to organic and natural creams and daily beauty routines, it is important to choose items that help maintain the natural balance of the skin. That’s why we designed milk-fiber t-shirts and tunics: an innovative and super-breathable fabric! In this post, all you need to know about natural fibers and, in particular, milk fiber!
What Natural fibers are?
Just like our buffalo milk line, Biancamore, natural fibers represent a mix between tradition and innovation: these are filaments made from natural resources and processed without the addition of synthetic substances. The most famous example in the history of fabrics? The cotton!
But let’s go with order. Natural fibers can be made of:
– Vegetable, obtained from seeds (cotton), stems (hemp and flax), leaves (sisal or banana) or bark (coconut husk) of trees and plants
– Animal, obtained from the fleece (wool), from the hair (cashmere and angora) or from the secretions (silk) of the animals.
Just to the fibers of natural origin our milk fiber is added, fresh, light and totally breathable.
Milk fiber: the healthy skin diet
Milk fiber is an innovative fabric made from milk casein, transformed into fiber thanks to innovative bioengineering techniques and a sustainable and eco-friendly recycling process. Starting from the industrial surpluses of the food industry, casein is separated from serum, isolated, denatured and subsequently transformed into fiber. The fiber is spun and the thread thus obtained is transformed into fabric.
The result is an innovative and resistant fabric but also soft and light, able to take care of the skin giving it a pleasant sensation of freshness and well-being.
Why eliminate synthetic clothing from the wardrobe?
Today, natural fibers account for 40% of those textiles used in the world. It means that the synthetic and artificial ones are still the most produced and used (60%). And yet, choosing natural fibers for one’s clothing means:
– Use materials that come from renewable sources
– Use biodegradable clothes, which therefore respect the environment
– Increase comfort, because these are fabrics that, in contact with the skin, are extremely soft and pleasant
– Allow the skin to breathe.
Open the wardrobe: if more than half of your clothes are made of synthetic fabrics, your skin may be affected. The reason is simple: the skin is alive! Absorbs and absorbs air, light and heat. It is the filter through which we absorb energy and eliminate toxins.
Synthetic fabrics that derive from organic compounds such as oil, methane or coal have the advantage of being cheap, not felting and needing no special care (none of us like ironing, right?). The downside, however, is that they are not composed of natural “living” fibers and therefore do not allow the passage of moisture naturally produced by our body. Simply put, they don’t let your skin breathe!
Furthermore, garments made of synthetic fibers, in the long run, can cause allergies, dermatitis and other forms of skin intolerance, because they are less breathable. Often they also cause electrostatic phenomena: if you make sparks when you take off a shirt it is not magic, but synthetic fabric!
Natural fabrics, healthier skin
Add a natural touch to your wardrobe and let your skin breathe! Milk fiber t-shirts and tunics are available in different sizes for adults and children in our Casa Biancamore Store in Paestum and on our e-shop!
- NEWS IN CASA BIANCAMORE: BUFFALO MILK BODY CREAM AND ORGANIC OLIVE OIL! posted on October 24, 2018
- BIANCAMORE BUFFALO MILK AND SUGAR SCRUB, FOR YOUR SKIN WELLNESS! posted on October 24, 2018
- 5 hacks to create your perfect meditation space at home! posted on April 23, 2019