The summer is crazy, the skin even more! And each has its own temper: some get irritated for nothing, others turn red at the first kiss of the sun and there are always those who need extra pampering to always be at the top. The skin of each, especially that of the face, has its own peculiarities. But to prepare for summer, there are more or less valid rules for all. Because after an endless sequence of scarves, high-necked sweaters and, this year, also of masks, the skin needs to return to new life before being exposed to the sun for tanning. The good news? More than rules, it’s about ways to take care of yourself.
Ready to rediscover your skin? Here are the 5 steps to follow!
The first step to preparing your skin for summer? Undress it! Even if the skin on the face is always at the forefront, she also needs to take off some layers. During the winter, in fact, the skin accumulates impurities and dead cells which, over time, not only prevent your products from penetrating the epidermis and release the nourishment it needs, but also make your face look tired, dull and wrinkled.
Dead cells are also a major cause of blackheads, blemishes and annoying pimples. The remedy is to exfoliate the skin of the face and body in order to eliminate this superficial layer of dead cells and allow the epidermis to breathe. And what better time to do it than in the middle of spring?
To exfoliate your skin properly in view of summer:
- Do a body scrub once a week to ensure regular cell turnover. Our Bufala and Oat milk soap-scrub: made with natural oat bran, it also helps to smooth the most difficult areas, such as elbows and heels, and makes the skin soft and smooth.
- An excellent scrub for the face is given by extra virgin olive oil and coconut flour!
- After exfoliation, properly hydrate the skin to help the skin regenerate
- Avoid abrasive or chemical ingredients that can damage the surface layers of the skin, especially if it is particularly sensitive, and prefer products without parabens and nickel tested
- Don’t put too much pressure on the scrub! Let the product do its duty by performing a light massage: one more way to relax even in the shower!
Other tips? Apply the scrub by massaging from the bottom upwards and, in general, following the opposite direction to the blood circulation: in this way you will reactivate the circulation and you will get a real invigorating effect!
Exfoliation brings the skin back to life, but performing it frequently (once a week to once a month depending on the type of skin) will facilitate and make the tan last longer!
The cold passes, the skin does not forget: the winter temperatures alternating with air conditioning put a strain on the skin of the face and hands, causing redness, dehydration and chapping. Not to mention the use of gloves and masks that have irritated the skin of many of us. How to solve this problem and restore the skin to its optimal state before sun exposure? Using extra moisturizing treatments to nourish the skin!
It is not just a matter of giving yourself relaxation brackets with moisturizing masks but also to increase the level of hydration by inserting into your beauty routine products that nourish the skin effectively, such as face cleanser and face cream Biancamore. That’s how:
• eliminates impurities using Biancamore Face Cleanser on dry skin without make-up, rinse with warm water and pat it dry with a towel
• complete the ritual with the Moisturizing Face Cream with Buffalo milk.
The buffalo milk deeply moisturizes the skin, preserves its hydrolipic balance and protects it from the nocive elements, creating a real film on the epidermis.
In addition, once a week, take 15 minutes to purify the skin with the Athena Anti-Smog Face Mask with lycopene of the tomato: an antioxidant substance particularly active in combating the damage caused by oxidizing molecules and by excessive exposure to UVA and UVB rays. In this way, you will protect the epidermis from all types of smog, from fine dust to smoke, and help prevent the absorption of toxins, obtaining a moisturizing and anti-oxidant effect.
If, in addition to the skin on the face, the lips are also particularly dry due to the use of masks to protect themselves from COVID19, apply the Buffalo Milk LipBalm after the morning and evening beauty routine and … whenever you need it! Plus, you can choose the one with the addition of Pomegranate Juice, rich in vitamin C and antioxidants capable of promoting the natural cell regeneration process, or with EVO oil rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids that deeply nourish the lips. What do they have in common? In addition to moisturizing the lips for a long time, they protect them thanks to the SPF10 protection factor!
3. EAT HEALTHY
Nutrition is the perfect ally for healthy skin. Choosing the right foods helps to stimulate the correct development of the cells and drinking a lot of water gives them the right amount of hydration. Green light for fruit, vegetables and the freshest products possible: the less processed the food we eat, the more energy our body will assimilate! Specifically, for the skin:
• Prepare a squeeze of water and lemon to drink during the day to cleanse the skin and avoid redness
• Fill up on vitamins and antioxidants, with fatty fish such as salmon and mackerel and with cereals for breakfast
• Introduce foods rich in carotene in the menu: carrots, tomatoes, green leafy vegetables, melon and apricots to encourage the synthesis of melanin and prepare the skin for tanning
• Replace packaged snacks with a handful of almonds, rich in fatty acids ideal for proper cell development.
In addition, if you have time, replace the fruit juices packaged with smoothies and juices do it yourself: you will avoid taking preservatives and sugars, taking only what good nature gives you!
4. DO WAX CONSCIOUSLY
There are those who shave throughout the year, those who wait for summer to do it and those who … do not do it at all! With the arrival of spring, many opt for hair removal. Whether with wax, razor or epilator, remember that exposing to the sun immediately after epilation can irritate the skin, especially if it is the first days at sea, even in spring. To avoid annoying irritations, plan hair removal at least 24H before sun exposure and always use a sunscreen suitable for your skin, choosing a higher protection factor for the face.
In addition, after depilation, it uses the Moisturizing Body Cream with buffalo milk and EVO Biancamore Oil: thanks to its high levels of polyphenols, vitamin E and phytosterols that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, olive oil protects damaged skin and, in combination with buffalo milk, moisturizes even deeper.
5. DRESS ECOFRIENDLY
You made the change of season, you exfoliated and moisturized the skin and you also ate a carrot a day. But have you ever thought that the well-being of the skin also passes through the fabrics we wear?
Even if they are cheap, practical and do not need special care, the clothes in synthetic fabrics do not allow the skin to breathe because they do not allow the passage of moisture naturally produced by our body. That’s why in the long run, they can cause allergies, dermatitis and other forms of skin intolerance. The solution is to choose clothes in natural fabrics, such as linen, cotton and … milk fiber! It is our innovative fabric obtained from milk casein, transformed into fiber thanks to innovative bioengineering techniques and a sustainable and eco-friendly recycling process: starting from industrial surpluses in the food sector, casein is separated from whey, isolated, denatured and subsequently transformed into fiber. The fiber is spun and the thread thus obtained transformed into fabric for our tunics and t-shirts!
T-shirts, sweaters and pants in Biancamore milk fiber let the skin breathe respecting its natural balance … especially in summer, when the skin sweats more!
Extra tip: have fun! Whenever you want, as much as you can. When you do what you love, you dedicate yourself to things that make you feel good and you take time to reconnect with yourself, you become radiant and sunny. And nothing illuminates the face like a smile!
- NEWS IN CASA BIANCAMORE: BUFFALO MILK BODY CREAM AND ORGANIC OLIVE OIL! posted on October 24, 2018
- BIANCAMORE BUFFALO MILK AND SUGAR SCRUB, FOR YOUR SKIN WELLNESS! posted on October 24, 2018
- 5 hacks to create your perfect meditation space at home! posted on April 23, 2019